Type of Qualification: BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate
Exam Board: Pearson
Additional Entry Requirements: 2 GCSEs at Grade 6 and 3 GCSEs at Grade 5, including Grade 4 in English Language
Why study Enterprise?
Enterprise & Entrepreneurship will suit you if you are interested in:
- Developing your understanding of how businesses start and develop
- Applying theory to real life business examples
- Understanding and applying business and personal finance
Year 1 Units
- Unit 1: Enterprise and Entrepreneurs- 90 GLH
- Unit 2: Developing a Marketing Campaign- 90 GLH
Year 2 Units
- Unit 3: Personal & Business Finance- 120 GLH
- Unit 7: Social Enteprises- 60 GLH
- Unit 2- Developing a Marketing Campaign: Written task- set and marked by Pearson (3 hours- worth 25% of the qualification).
- Unit 3- Personal & Business Finance: Written exam written and marked by Pearson (2 hours- worth 33% of the qualification).
- Assignment 1- Enterprise & Entrepreneurs: assignments set and verified by teachers (90 GLH- worth 25% of qualification).
- Assignment 2- Social Enterprises: assignments set and verified by teachers (60 GLH- worth 17% of qualification).
Careers in Enterprise
This specification is suitable for those considering a range of careers. 62% of large companies have recruited employees with a BTEC qualification. 4 out of 5 BTEC students now in employment consider their BTEC as an important step towards their desired job.
The following jobs are most popular: Business administration, marketing, accounts clerk. Students gain skills which will benefit the self- employed.