Type of Qualification: A Level
Exam Board: Edexcel
Additional Entry Requirements: (GCSE Business not required) GCSE Grade 5 in English Lit or Lang and Grade 5 in Mathematics
Why study Business?
Business is suitable for anyone who:
- May wish to pursue a career in business
- Wishes to run their own business
- Enjoys studying a subject that affects their own everyday life
- Would like to continue studying this subject at university.
- Theme 1: introduces students to marketing and people with a focus on managing people and marketing strategy.
- Theme 2: is an introduction to managing business activities such as financial and resource management.
- Theme 3: explores business decisions and strategy focussing on managing change and business objectives.
- Theme 4: explores global issues, such as globalisation, international trade, and global marketing.
There are three externally assessed (exam) papers at A level.
Each paper comprises 100 marks and is two hours long.
Data response questions are short answer and extended open response.
A level Paper 3 has a broad pre-released context to support the investigative nature of the qualification.
Careers in Business
- Running your own business.
- Careers in private enterprise or those working for central or local government.
- Careers in banking and retailing.
- Careers in marketing and customer service.