The Rosary Centre have provided instructions and guidance on how to pray the Rosary. In the words of one old Rosary card “The family that prays together stays together” hence a family praying the Rosary might be a great way of strengthening family unity. It is also a way in which the home acts as an “Ecclesia Domestica” (“Domestic Church”).
The following instructions and more can be found on their website:
- Make the Sign of the Cross and say the “Apostles’ Creed”
- Say the “Our Father”
- Say three “Hail Marys” for Faith, Hope, and Charity
- Say the “Glory Be”
- Announce the First Mystery and then say the “Our Father”
- Say ten “Hail Marys” while meditating on the Mystery
- Say the “Glory Be” (Optional: Say the “O My Jesus” prayer requested by Mary at Fatima)
- Announce the Next Mystery; then say the “Our Father” and repeat these steps (6 through 8) as you continue through the remaining Mysteries.
- Say the closing prayers: the “Hail Holy Queen” and “Final Prayer”
- Make the “Sign of the Cross”