Apprenticeships are on the rise. The positive benefits for both apprentices and the businesses that they work for have been researched and documented countless times.
- They offer structured training programmes and the chance to work (literally) towards a qualification.
- They provide the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in a chosen industry.
- Getting into employment earlier means there’s lots of potential for rapid career progression.
- They offer the potential to earn a good salary much earlier on in a career.
- Hands-on training provides the opportunity to put skills into practice and gain more confidence in a working environment.
- You earn while you learn. No student loans, no tuition fees.
- There are over 400 different types of apprenticeships – business, sport, marketing, construction are just a taste of what there is on offer.
- Apprenticeships offer a varied learning experience with time split between study and on the job learning
- It’s all about learning while doing, and learning from others in the industry.
- The ability to gain higher qualifications through apprenticeships, such as HNCs, HNDs, foundation degrees or honours degrees.
What are the different apprenticeship levels?
For further information, or if you are business that would like to engage with us in delivering our Careers Education Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG), please contact Mrs Lorraine Petheram by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 01932 582577
‘Committed to work towards meeting the Quality in Careers Standard incorporating the Gatsby Benchmarks’