Type of Qualification: BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate
Exam Board: Pearson
Additional Entry Requirements: 2 GCSEs at Grade 6 and 3 GCSEs at Grade 5, including Grade 4 in English Language and Maths
Why study Sport?
Sport BTEC will suit you if you are interested in:
- Understanding how the human body responds to physical activity
- Exploring workplace skills, professional development and desirable qualities within the sports industry
- Continuing their education through applied learning for those who aim to progress to higher education and ultimately to employment in the sports sector.
Year 1 Units
- Unit 1: Anatomy and Physiology
- Unit 7: Practical Sports Performance
Year 2 Units
- Unit 2: Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
- Unit 3: Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Unit 1: Anatomy and Physiology (1.5 hours and worth 33.5%)
- Unit 2: Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being (2 hours and worth 33.5%)
Internal assessment (Unit 3 & 7)
- Unit 3: Professional Development in the Sports Industry (worth 16.5%)
- Unit 7: Practical Sports Performance (worth 16.5%)
Careers in Sport
This specification is suitable for those considering a range of careers. 62% of large companies have recruited employees with a BTEC qualification. 4 out of 5 BTEC students now in employment consider their BTEC as an important step towards their desired job.
The following jobs are most popular: Physical Education Teaching, Coaching, Sports Therapy, Fitness Instruction & Personal Training
A Distinction in BTEC Sport is equal to an A at A Level and 48 UCAS points