Type of Qualification: BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate
Exam Board: Pearson
Additional Entry Requirements: 2 GCSEs at Grade 6 and 3 GCSEs at Grade 5, including Grade 4 in English Language and Mathematics
Why study Travel and Tourism?
BTEC Travel & Tourism will suit you if you are interested in:
- Understanding real-life practice in the travel industry.
- Different types of destinations and their importance.
- Exploring and applying ways of managing internal and external customer experience to support organisational success.
Year 1 Units
- Unit 1: The World of Travel & Tourism
- Unit 3: Principles of Marketing in Travel and Tourism
Year 2 Units
- Unit 2: Global Destinations
- Unit 9: Visitor attractions
- Unit 1: written exam paper (1.5 hours and worth 25%)
- Unit 2: Set and timetabled written task by Pearson (2 hours and worth 33%)
- Assignment 1: Unit 3 – assignments set and verified by teachers (25%)
- Assignment 2: Unit 9 – assignments set and verified by teachers (16%)
Careers in Travel and Tourism
This specification is suitable for those considering a range of careers. 62% of large companies have recruited employees with a BTEC qualification. The percentage of students entering university holding a BTEC has risen from 24.9% in 2014 to 26.0% in 2015.
This course could lead to career roles in retail travel, passenger transport, airports and airlines, hotels, conferences and events, holiday resorts, hospitality and entertainment venues and tourist attractions.