Covid-19 Support for Families

At present we are finding that a number of our families are finding themselves facing increased hardship due to the pandemic. To support our families through these challenging times we wanted to flag the following:

 Cold Weather Payments

  • You’ll get a payment if the average temperature in your area is recorded as, or forecast to be, zero degrees celsius or below over 7 consecutive days. In total the payment is £25 for each 7 day period of very cold weather between 1 November and 31 March. To check eligibility please have a look on the following website: Cold Weather Payments Checker – Gov UK (

 Citizens Advice

  • It’s important that you get the help you are entitled to. If your circumstances have changed, the Citizens Advice website can give you information on benefits and tax credits if you are working or unemployed, sick or disabled, a parent, a young person, an older person or a veteran. There is also information about council tax and housing costs, national insurance, payment of benefits and problems with benefits. Benefits – Citizens Advice. Citizens Advice can also help with matters of debt management.

Free School Meals 

  • Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
  • Income Support
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)

If you would like to look into free school meals, please contact

Food Bank

Housing/ accommodation 

  • For any housing related matters we would recommend that you speak to your local council


  • In an emergency situation, 999 should always be called however Fearless is a service that allows you to report crime anonymously via this website: Give info – Fearless
  • Fearless as a services promise the following:
    • You can give information about a crime without giving your name or any personal details.
    • You will not be asked for your gender or age
    • Contact will not be traced as details of the computer/ device used and IP address are anonymised

Mental Health

  • There are lots of mental health support services out there however some to note are:
    • Samaritans – particularly good for adults
      • Phone number: 116123
      • Website:
    • Kooth – for young people
      • Website: