Taking regular exercise is a vital part of keeping mentally healthy throughout these challenging times. If your child is well in themselves and able to, then they should be encouraged to be active for at least an hour each day and offers a fantastic opportunity to learn or try something new** as a family.
Here are a few things they might be able to do:
- Go for a solo run*
- Joe Wicks – The Body Coach
- Joe Wicks – PE Lesson, every day 9am
- Learn Pilates/Yoga
- Davina McCall – Love Yourself
- Davina McCall – Own Your Goals
- 30 minute workout from home
Please bear in mind that exercise can also mean things other than ‘working out’ and can also go beyond the daily schedule as we’ve published it…
- help with the housework etc – scrub a floor, wash the walls, push the hoover!
- Help the the gardening
- Get involved in some DIY – paint a room?
- Walk the dog*
- Walk to the shops to buy supplies for an elderly neighbour*
*Obviously please take current government advice to decide whether it is appropriate for them to leave the house