School uniform is compulsory and is available from SchoolUniformDirect.co.uk who have branches in West Byfleet (01932 354409) and Staines (01784 454517). We expect full cooperation in the maintenance of high standards in appearance. The key words are smartness, uniformity and general appropriateness; extremes should be avoided. The meaning of extreme is open to interpretation; parents’ support of the school’s judgement on this is greatly appreciated. All items of clothing should be clearly named and are the owners’ responsibility.
Items of uniform for boys and girls:
- Navy blue blazer with woven embroidered school badge*
- School tie (in school colours)*
- Plain white school shirt, long or short sleeves (no fitted or excessively baggy shirts, no ¾ length sleeves)
- Unbranded black flat shoes, that can be polished
- Plain dark blue or black overcoat
Additional items for boys and girls:
- Navy blue reversible all-weather fleece jacket with inner hood, with woven embroidered school badge *
- Navy blue jumper with woven embroidered school badge*
- School scarf *
- Plain black or navy woollen hat
- Plain black or navy woollen gloves
Items of uniform for girls:
- Navy knee-length kilt skirt or navy skirt with school badge *
- Plain navy or white ankle socks, or
- Plain beige, black or navy tights
Items of uniform for boys:
- Plain black long trousers
- Plain black socks
Note: items marked with an asterisk* are only available from the school outfitters SchoolUniformDirect.co.uk
Permitted girls’ accessories
- One watch, one pair of small plain metal studs/sleepers in earlobe only.
- We discourage rings, but one plain ring may be worn on each hand (not the thumb).
The following are not permitted: make-up; false eyelashes; false nails/nail extensions/nail varnish. Subtle foundation is permitted; fake tan is not.
Permitted boys’ accessories
- One watch, one plain ring (not on the thumb). Earrings are not permitted.
Hairstyles for boys and girls
Boys’ hair may not be longer than the collar, and boys should be clean-shaven. No extremes of style or colour are permitted; nor are hair extensions or hair sprays (which can be flammable).
Salesian School has a preloved uniform shop where good quality uniform is available at a fraction of the price of buying new. Opening times coincide with parents evening and events throughout the year where we welcome parents to browse.
All money raised goes to Don Bosco Ashalayam Project.
On a daily basis students and parents are emailed when labelled items are found enabling them to collect during opening times and at the end of each term, a team return labelled items to students.
Tues, Wed, Thurs and Friday morning 8.30-8.50 for students to reclaim their lost items.