Salesian College is one of 50 providers who have been selected by the government to deliver a new range of technical qualifications starting in September 2020. We will be offering two T Levels in Digital Production, Design & Development and Education & Childcare.
T Levels will follow on from GCSEs and will be the equivalent to three A-Levels; they have been developed in conjunction with business leaders/employers to ensure that they meet the needs of industry, providing students with the skills required to enter the workforce. Students will gain meaningful experience of the workplace through a 45-day industry placement where they will acquire the skills demanded by employers in their chosen field.
T Levels will combine practical learning and classroom theory alongside the industry placement; this, in turn, will lead to students pursuing highly skilled employment, a higher apprenticeship or higher education.
Benefits of Industry Placements
- A great way to build and develop technical work-related skills
- A valuable source of personal development that helps improve communication, problem solving and management skills – making you more aware of the behaviours expected at work and thus making you more employable
- A useful opportunity to gain a deeper knowledge of the running of a business and understand how it responds to change, as well as general commercial principles
- A useful way of building a valuable working relationship with an employer, resulting in a fuller and more meaningful employer reference to use for future employment
- A valuable addition to your CV to increase employability
- Better understanding of the nature of the work you are interested in pursuing
- Further development of course based learning in a practical work environment
Involvement in an industry placement should make a significant difference to your employment prospects. It will do this by supporting you to gain valuable technical and ‘soft skills’ that will improve your employment prospects.
What do students say…
For further information, please see www.gov.uk/government/publications/introduction-of-t-levels/introduction-of-t-levels and the T Level Leaflet.