We are delighted to be offering Secondary Teacher Subject Specialism Training in Physics.
Aimed at qualified secondary teachers, out of subject area, who want to be able to offer an additional subject or colleagues that are considering returning to the profession.
The programme aim is to quickly upskill QTS participants with the necessary subject knowledge to teach up to Key Stage 4. Consisting of twilight sessions with resources available online, to support self-directed study at home in between sessions. The programme includes FREE one day conferences and microteaching opportunities.
Certified by the University of Sussex, with the opportunity to attain master’s accreditation at the end of the programme.
Areas covered are:
- Session 1 – Energy Resources
- Session 2 – Energy Types
- Session 3 – Current
- Session 4 – Electricity Practical
- Session 5 – Forces and Motion
- Session 6 – Motion graphs
- Mid programme assessment (online at home)
- Session 7 – EM spectrum
- Session 8 – Magnetism & Gas Laws
- Session 9 – Momentum
- Session 10 – Microteach
- Session 11 – Written test
- Session 12 – Nuclear Atom
- Session 13 – Fission, Fusion and Half-Life
- Session 14 – Hooke’s Law and Gas Laws
- Session 15 – Microteach 2
- Session 16 – Space
If you would like to register an interest please email Louisa Taylor: email@example.com