Teach SouthEast SCITT delivers high quality, bespoke school centered initial teacher training (ITT) programmes for aspiring secondary teachers across the South East of England.
Led by two outstanding teaching schools, Salesian School and St John the Baptist (SJB), who work together with their vast network of partnership of schools. Both are passionate about training and developing outstanding teachers for the future. We firmly believe that the best place to train teachers effectively, in this complex but incredibly rewarding career, is in schools and our close links within our partnership provide trainees with a broad spectrum of experiences. Since being involved in ITT, Teach SouthEast are proud to say that since our inception 100% of all trainees completing the course passed with qualified teaching status (QTS), with 97% graded ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’. An impressive 95% from 2015, 81% from 2016 and 80% from 2017 are now employed in schools within the partnership and 100% have been employed by the end of their training year.
“Being trained by outstanding practitioners at the top non-selective state school in the country has given me the best possible start to my teaching career.”
Amy Jackson English
“Being mentored by people who genuinely love what they do and are experts in their field gave me the drive to be the very best. They are always there to offer support and give words of encouragement.”
Sara Nelson Geography
“Training with Teach SouthEast was a truly transformative experience. All their support and comprehensive training has ensured that I have transitioned from daunted trainee to a teacher that loves her job and can’t wait to come to work every single day.”
Norah McKeogh Art
Teach SouthEast offers trainee’s routes into teaching through both School Direct and Core SCITT places. Having worked together for the last eight years SJB and Salesian have a proven track record of success in developing trainee teachers as well as supporting colleagues with a wealth of continuing professional development.
Your training year will involve:
- Pre-course induction and observation within partner schools prior to starting the course.
- Engaging and bespoke training programmes at Salesian or SJB who are both rated as ‘outstanding’ schools in every category by Ofsted.
- Specialist subject training sessions with one of our subject hubs, where you will receive tailored training by ‘outstanding’ teachers in your field.
- Being assigned a specialist mentor who observes your teaching and meets with you at least weekly throughout the year. Mentors are trained throughout the year on a specialist programme leading to a certificate in mentoring for their own development
- Enhancement experience days across the year to compliment your training which will include primary, special school placements, learning support assistant shadowing, behaviour immersion programme and pupil referral unit observation.
- Both School Direct Non-Salaried and Core SCITT work towards a PGCE.
- Placements arranged for you in contrasting settings so that you experience a broad range of experiences across the partnership which stretch from Woking to Hounslow, Wandsworth, and Leatherhead, as detailed below.
For more information, please visit the Teach SouthEast website.
As quoted by OFSTED ‘ Visionary leadership has developed teacher training that produces very skilled teachers who are dedicated and reflective practitioners’. ‘Leaders share very high expectations, coupled with a passion for achieving excellence in all aspects of the provision.’